Saturday, September 6, 2008

First soccer game...

So, we signed Emma up for soccer this fall. She's never played before, but we figured with her quickness & her competitive streak, she'd do great. And, she does! She seems to LOVE it. It's right up her alley.

She had her very first game this morning, and can I just say that it was one of *THE* cutest stinkin' things I have EVER seen. Oh my gosh. Adorable.

I took my camera, of course! The sun was HARSH, but what can you do. I'm no sports photographer, that's for sure, so these are pretty much just snaps. I just love that you can see the excitement and enjoyment all over her face in many of these. She truly loved it. :)
Waiting for the game to start:
Her first moments in the game. She seemed to be a little unsure of how aggressive to be, but it's obvious that she was enjoying it! I love the excitement on her face. It's funny, too, because it seemed like all the kids were unsure about trying to steal the ball from someone. They'd kind of hesitate almost as if they were trying to be courteous, you know? Too cute!
Finally getting the hang of it. She tried SO hard & did SUCH a great job!
Doesn't she look like a legit soccer player!?! Haha!
Water break:
Her turn as goalie. She didn't see any action. :)
Walking through the tunnel of parents at the end of the game... she obviously enjoyed that!
So, yeah... overall I think she had a GREAT time! I think their team actually won, though they don't officially win or lose, you know? That's a good thing. :) The score was 3-2. Emma attempted many goals, but we need to work on the precision thing just a little. *wink wink*

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So cute! I'm glad she enjoyed it. Yeah, I like those two where she's kind of leaned sideways looking like a real sports star

September 6, 2008 at 1:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

too cute!!! good job, emma!!!

September 6, 2008 at 2:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK now to teach her to destroy her opponent so they never want to compete against her again!
or not

September 6, 2008 at 2:46 PM  
Blogger Jaimie said...

Soccer will be so much fun for her! I bet it's fun for you and Curt to watch too!!! The soccer pics are adorable. I love them. They are awesome!

Are you making any trips may way anytime soon? We need to get together!

September 6, 2008 at 10:52 PM  
Blogger Keva said...

Oh, I love soccer. It is the boys favorite sport, they are itching for our season to start. Emma looks precious...and seems to me you are quite the "all around" photographer.

September 7, 2008 at 5:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such fun pictures that truly captured her enjoyment. She will love these when she is older. Way to go Emma!!!!!

September 8, 2008 at 6:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are great shots! I can identify with how hard those are to get. Brianna and Samuel had their first games and Brianna cried the whole time :(

September 9, 2008 at 3:33 PM  
Blogger Summer said...

oh my goodness, that goalie one is too cute! love her perfectly parted ponies :)

September 11, 2008 at 4:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go Emma!

September 11, 2008 at 9:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did this athleticism come from?

September 17, 2008 at 3:11 PM  
Blogger Jennifer of VanSuydam Photographers said...

I love the kid with the tongue out in every photo, haha.

October 2, 2008 at 10:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are so cuuute. I have to know, what camera do you use. LOve you site.

October 2, 2008 at 11:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home