Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Okay, Brandi, I owe you one.

So, a while back... like, maybe over a year ago, my oldest friend Brandi told me about a location. (And, when I say oldest, I don't mean age-wise, though, she is pushing 31! Ha! No, Brandi & I have been friends for 19 years! NINETEEN years!!! Brandi - can you believe it!?!) Anyway, she told me a LONG time ago that the Fort Worth Stock Yards had some neat areas for pictures. Today, Curt & I decided to take the girls out for a little shooting. We headed to the Stock Yards, and OH. MY. GOSH. I'm in love.

I'm not much of a country girl nor a Texas history buff, so I actually have no idea what the Stock Yards are exactly. All I know is that it's tons of corridors with brick paths & old wooden walls. The lighting is so beautiful. It could be only slightly more beautiful if a lot of the lighting wasn't coming from above, but whatever. It's nice either way. Think garage light, but with awesome floor & walls, as well as some seriously awesome lines. Oh, AND railroad tracks that you're ALLOWED to be on! :)

Anyway, so, we took a ton of photos. Maya wasn't really very cooperative, unfortunately, because she was hot. The kid basically shuts down in the heat. Seriously. It's ridiculous. Does she know she lives in Texas?

Emma, however, was a real trooper. She let us take countless photos & had a great attitude the whole time.



Here is one of the few photos of Maya sans pout. And, I'm pretty sure she was telling potty jokes or something. Didn't I give birth to two girls!?! So, why oh why do I hear potty jokes ALL. THE. TIME!?! Sigh...
I'm sure there was more of the same humor with this shot.
And, probably my newest favorite of the two of them. I just love it. :)

Me. Irritated.
Curt. Just before he "broke his feet" upon landing. Nerd. I told him not to do that. He says his heels are bruised, and there's "something seriously wrong with his ankles." Yeah, it's called being old. Actually... he was fine after this jump. It was the next jump that did 'em in.
A quick family snap. I wish I'd brought my tripod. Man, when am I going to learn to start bringing that thing along?!? We had to find a little ledge that I could prop the camera on (with help from my wallet positioned just under the lens to keep it from toppling forward - GHETTO!) I also had to be able to get behind the camera to focus & all that jazz. There were not too many options. This would not have been my first choice for location, but whatev. This isn't too bad for the setup.
And, ummm... this next one... I probably shouldn't be sharing it. The occassional "funny face" picture was the only way to get the girls (in other words, Maya) to cooperate for a couple more family shots. Good times.
The moral of the story? If you're in the Fort Worth area, go to the Stock Yards TOMORROW! They rock! :) (Thanks for the tip off, Brandi!)

24 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love them all (except I can't see a few...I will check back later). Curt's getting some MAJOR AIR! LOL
The family ones are great!
Good job and good job to Brandi on the location!

July 30, 2008 at 6:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh also potty jokes...HILARIOUS!!!
Maya's just got a good sense of humor, 4 and 5 year old potty jokes are the best...just wait until she gets a little older! =)

July 30, 2008 at 6:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Brandi!
Amy, nice pictures! I think my favorite is the first one of Emma. I'm glad you got pictures of you and Curt too! And the family photos. Looks like some good scrapbook pages there :-)

July 30, 2008 at 6:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I swear I did not teach her those!!!
Pa

July 30, 2008 at 7:14 AM  
Blogger Joanne Fowler said...

These are awesome, Amy!!! I love that you got in on the "modeling" action and you have some great family captures here! LOVE them all!

July 30, 2008 at 8:46 AM  
Blogger Katie Dunlap said...

Hi Brandi! I'm a photographer in Nashville and recently stumbled across your blog. Just wanted to let you know that I absolutely LOVE your work, and it inspires me. Thanks for sharing these photos of your family. They're GREAT!

July 30, 2008 at 10:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you went to the stockyards. I love it there. Did the girls get to see them do the cattle drive? All of the pictures are so good!

July 30, 2008 at 10:14 AM  
Blogger Tracy.H said...

These are awesome! I especially love the last one...TFS. :0)

July 30, 2008 at 10:50 AM  
Blogger Curt Coffey said...

I'm really happy you remembered that location, the shots are great.I'm also glad you caught my flight. It will never happen again.

July 30, 2008 at 10:59 AM  
Blogger mindy said...

amy, you have such a beautiful family!! your girl's are gorgoues and you are looking totally amazing.

July 30, 2008 at 11:56 AM  
Blogger Audrey said...

Oh my goodness, these are all so darling Amy!! Looks like a great location, I struggle with finding new spots! Love 'em!

July 30, 2008 at 12:44 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Hi Amy- I come to your blog now and again cuz I think your work is amazing! My sister lives in TX and I was lucky enough to take some pictures here! Unfortunately mine look nothing like yours. Maybe next time I'm there my pics will turn out a little better!

July 30, 2008 at 12:54 PM  
Blogger ccoffey said...

Love the goofy family pic! I think it should be a magnet for Christmas! Ha!

July 30, 2008 at 1:01 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Those are awesome! Great place, and Jer loves it there, but I hadn't even thought about shooting there (take Jer, he'll give you all the history you want - AND MORE). I love the pictures of you & Curt, and, of course, the girls. So, what had you irritated, the foot whining? Guys, they're so funny... Thanks for sharing those.

July 30, 2008 at 2:06 PM  
Blogger Eric and Ashley Wilkins said...

Those pictures are awesome! I'm so glad you got out from behind the camera, too. You are so pretty! What a fun place to take pictures! I will have to try it soon! Can I borrow your kids? ;)

July 30, 2008 at 2:38 PM  
Blogger jamie said...

amazing job girl! so glad i came across your blog... ;)

July 30, 2008 at 3:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow! these are so.... good! i love the ones of you! you look SO good and SO SKINNY!!!

July 30, 2008 at 8:52 PM  
Blogger Tami Proffitt said...

oh, how i would love to find a place like that here in Arizona! and...your girls are just adorably cute! you capture such personality in each picture.

July 31, 2008 at 12:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey can you share soem of the jokes?
HA HA PA

July 31, 2008 at 5:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey amy! happy belated three weeks later b-day!! Theses pictures are great, you have an awesome family.

July 31, 2008 at 4:05 PM  
Blogger Lauriann said...

hey, just found your blog through "Life in Motion" and wow! you have wonderful skin tones. Well done I'll have fun checking our archives.

July 31, 2008 at 8:52 PM  
Blogger Jaimie said...

I love these photos. That looks like an awesome location. What a find. I love that photo of you. You look great!

August 4, 2008 at 9:11 PM  
Blogger Kelly Ann Photography said...

These are AWESOME! We love the stockyards ;) Do you mind sharing which lens you used for these pictures? Thanks! :D

November 18, 2008 at 11:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rest assured that their expertise will lead you to quickly get to
their app or their shop address with a wave of online criticism.
Custom candle stickers staples help a candle brand to stand out.

WarningsUse safety goggles, in order to get the details in.


Also visit my blog post :: sticker printing

May 18, 2013 at 7:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home