Monday, July 21, 2008

Revisiting some old photos...

Okay, so, I'm being forced to go through my pictures from the past couple years. Forced probably isn't the right word, but whatev. I don't really want to go into it... it stresses me out. Ha!

Anyway, so, I've got, like, thousands. At least. I can hardly handle it. I can't throw anything away, and yet I take an insane amount of photos every year. I started looking through 2007. That's as far back as I want to go right now. And, well, I only got as far as January 17th before I decided, "hmmm... I could do a WAY better job post processing that now." See where this is going? I don't think I'm physically capable of looking through my old photos and turning a blind eye on the crappy post processing. Ugh! WHAT am I gonna do!?! I cannot re-process all my photos. Plus, there are countless hidden gems in there, you know? Just because I didn't love the photo upon my first glance through, I just discounted it as not really a keeper. (But, heck... what does that mean, anyway!?! It's not like I throw out the "non-keepers.") So, yeah, I'm also finding... say... a zillion new old photos that I want to work on. Oy.

I'll say it again. I don't know what I'm gonna do. Ignorance is bliss. Right? Maybe I should step away from the files. If I don't know there's a gem in there, there is no pressure to fix 'er up, right?

Anyway, I found these next three photos hidden in the masses. I took these on Maya's 3rd birthday, so a year & a half ago. I remember being less than thrilled with the photos I took of her on that day, so I discounted them as non-keepers. (I kept them, though. I know, I know...) And, now, I like them. :) It's funny how my style has changed. And, it's funny how Maya's chubby cheeks have changed! Haha! My gosh, that girl was a chubby little thing. And, she'd even slimmed up quite a bit by this point.

Hopefully we won't have too many more posts from memory lane. If we do, it means that I'm not getting anything done. I mean, "anything" being things I NEED to get done.


9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG... she has grown up sooooo... much in a year!!! i love the first one with her chubby little cheeks, and her chubby little fingers and ankle! too cute!

July 21, 2008 at 10:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute - especially that last one!

July 22, 2008 at 5:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's amazing how much she has changed (apperance wise) in the last year and a half. She looks so little , now she's all grown up! LOL
I especially like the last one also.

July 22, 2008 at 6:44 AM  
Blogger js said...

Those are darling. She's so cute! Hey, by the way- Happy Birthday. I read your friends blog and it mentioned you had a b-day. Hope you had a great one!

July 22, 2008 at 8:31 AM  
Blogger Keva said...

awww, so glad you shared these with us. They are precious. I hate when we see the chubbiness go...the baby leaving for good.

glad to hear I'm not the only one who pack rats photos. Good grief at the dvds and hard drives....but I just can't let them go.

July 22, 2008 at 9:40 AM  
Blogger nghj said...

OMG. She's beautiful!

July 23, 2008 at 1:26 PM  
Blogger nghj said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

July 23, 2008 at 2:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SO darling! what wonderful portraits to cherish!

July 24, 2008 at 11:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your style... im a photographer in Az. just wondering what the color of this background is? I purchased a carnation pink but not sure I like it...

July 27, 2008 at 3:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home