Thursday, August 30, 2007

Pieces of you...

(Well, D.Brown... you're not the only one that can use song titles for post titles! Haha!)

Anyway... well, for starters, I need to tell you guys... I've been "tagged." Michael Norwood is actually one of the three inspirations for this post. You see... Norwood has an awesome photography blog. (It's over <---------there. In the margin. Check it out if you haven't already!) He's also "too cool for school." In my world, "too cool for school" doesn't necessarily mean that you are truly cool. It means that you're a generally cool person, but you THINK you are even cooler than you are. I can say that about him because I say it about myself. I know I'm too cool for school. And, one of the indications that I'm too cool for school is that I use phrases like "too cool for school."

Back on track... So, yeah, I pull up Norwood's blog today to check things out, see if he's FINALLY updated. He has. (Not with pictures, of course, but whatev.) It's funny, though, because he's apparently been tagged multiple times with the same thing. And, he's FINALLY succumbed. I figure, hey, if he can do it, so can I! What is it, you ask? It's sharing eight "things" about myself that maybe you don't already know. And, then it's picking four more bloggers to do the same. And it goes on, and on, and on.

Here's the problem, though. I can't do it. I've tried. I just CANNOT come up with eight things! It's like, I had a hard enough time coming up with ONE interesting fact about myself to share with each and every college class I took however many years ago! You know? Sheesh. I HATED that. Ha! I tried all afternoon & this evening to come up with things. I asked Curt. His response? "Ummm... you're pretty open on your blog. There's probably nothing they DON'T know." Gee. Thanks. But, so as not to let Brenda and Haylee down... I'm giving it a go. (For those of you keeping track, they are my other two inspirations for this post since they are the ones that tagged me!) I don't want to hear any complaints about how BORING these things are. Got it!?!

1. I love pirates. No, I mean, really love them. (Yes, many of you know this. But, wait until the fourth to the last sentence. I should be embarrassed.) And, I just have to say, this has been a long-time love. It started FAR before pirates were fashionable. Just sayin'. I realized this when I realized that many of my favorite childhood "things" were pirate related. My favorite ride at Disneyland was Pirates of the Caribbean. My favorite movie was (really it still is) The Goonies. I also really loved Pippi Longstocking. I have no shame about it, either. I tell silly pirate jokes and form my hand into a hook, close one eye and growl ARGGHHH! No shame. :-) It embarrasses the hubster, really. Makes it even more fun...

2. I absolutely CANNOT stand repetitive sounds. Ask my kids about this. If you want to see me go from laid back & relaxed to a totally insane loon... just make some obnoxious repetitive, preferably on a beat, sound. Can't. Stand. It.

3. In high school, I played the trumpet. I liked it. And I was good.

4. The hubster & I dated for four months before becoming engaged and got married two and a half months later.

5. On that note, we basically eloped. Our wedding date was set for June 3rd. Somewhere around the second week of March, we decided we'd just go get married. March 16th, we were married. :-)

6. Green beans make me barf. Literally. I can't even smell them without gagging. It's the only food like that for me. Weird.

Is this enough? I'm at a total loss.

7. Oh. Okay... I hate Star Wars. My first two memories of life were of Star Wars, and they were both TERRIFYING. I hate it to this day. Although, my youngest daughter does something we affectionately call "the chewie," and I think it's pretty stinkin' funny.

8. I can build a camp fire. A real campfire. No lighter fluid, no purchased fire wood. Nothing. I can build it from scratch and start it with flint. Seriously.

There. I made it through!

And, now, for the second part of this whole thing... I'm supposed to "tag" a few others. So, I'm tagging:

And, because I'm just THAT clever, the second part of my post also aptly falls under the "pieces of you" title...

Yesterday, I decided to have a little play with the 50mm f/1.4 because, well, I just don't like it. At all. I thought I should give it another chance. But, you know me, I like to shoot wide open. It's GOT to be sharp wide open, or we're done. So, all these shots were at f/1.4. They were really just to test the focus. I wasn't thinking about composition, an artistic element, or anything. But, looking back on them now, I pretty much love how they came out. I don't care if the crops (which are all in camera) are weird. I don't care about much of any of that. It's my Maya...pudgy little dimpled hands & everything. :-)


15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're having Pirate Day at the bank on Saturday...I knew you'd be excited. I think I'll be wearing an eye patch AND a bandana. I'll send you guys pictures.

August 30, 2007 at 11:15 PM  
Blogger Jeanette said...

Ha - you and Bella. The girl is insane for pirates, and this predates the Pirates of the Carribean craze too. When she started being into pirates we were hard pressed to find anything to go along with her obsession. Now it's everywhere. Oh - and the Goonies is my favorite too, I think we watched it 800 times this summer. I've got to get on planning her pirate party for next month - got any good ideas for me?

August 31, 2007 at 12:06 AM  
Blogger Jeanette said...

Oh - and I've already been tagged on my regular blog (not photoblog)...

August 31, 2007 at 12:06 AM  
Blogger Michael Norwood said...

Ahhh, you bowed to the pressure too. Yeah we're definitely TCFS. I'm so cool I abbreviate the saying.

I was going to tag you but I thought about it and realized that I like you too much to do that to you but apparently some others beat me to it anyway.

So trumpet eh? Ever go to band camp?

August 31, 2007 at 12:38 AM  
Blogger Christie said...

amy, you just crack me the heck up!!!

i think the lens passed the test. these are sharp and beautiful.

you're the third person to tag me with this so i really need to come up with my list too. i'm freaking out a little about it. lol

August 31, 2007 at 2:13 AM  
Blogger Amy (3 Peas) said...

Um yeah- I think you're rocking that lens too!!!
LOVE the hand photo- it's my fave :)
You crack me up- love your 8 things :)

August 31, 2007 at 4:32 AM  
Blogger Driftwood and Pumpkin said...

I loved this post! I am glad someone tagged you. You are not boring at all :) The second picture is my fav. Gorgeous eyes.

August 31, 2007 at 9:06 AM  
Blogger Dana said...

After reading this post, Amy...I'm wondering what the heck do you shoot with if you don't shoot with the 50mm? Your shots are fab as always, but it got me thinking...what lens do you use...hmmm...

And, pirates...interesting...tfs.

August 31, 2007 at 11:00 AM  
Blogger Donita said...

Love your pics with the 50 mm, I've gotta get myself one of those : )

August 31, 2007 at 1:36 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Your 8 things were good :) I'm going to have to think awhile to come up with EIGHT INTERESTING things...my life's just not that exciting, LOL. The lens looks like it has tack sharp focus to me. Her eyes in #2 are piercing!!

September 1, 2007 at 12:02 PM  
Blogger Tiffany said...

Now, that I was surprised about the whirlwind romance!!! LOL!!! I love the story, next time you have to spill the whole story up...It's nice to really know you, Miss Amy. I love your images!!!!

September 3, 2007 at 7:51 AM  
Blogger Janice said...

Hi, Amy! I have been frequenting your blog for quite some time now but I can't for the life of me remember if I've ever made a comment, so I just wanted to say hi!!! Your photos are always amazing and an inspiration! I can never seem to get it right when shooting at the widest aperture.

I loved reading your 8 Facts Meme-those are always fun to read. Goonies is THE BEST!!!

September 4, 2007 at 12:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Send us an e-mail:)
Craig

September 4, 2007 at 5:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

More pictures, please!

September 5, 2007 at 10:21 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Fun stuff about you! And those shots wide open are simply awesome!

September 6, 2007 at 9:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home