Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Well, I went and entered a contest.

I came across a contest. On a whim, I entered it. I haven't entered a photography contest since I've been into photography this go around. (Just one county contest 10 years back when I was in college...)

Do I really think I might win? Not really. I think there are several pictures far better than mine, but it doesn't hurt to enter, right? So, anyway, there's a popular vote to choose one of the winners. There will be other winners chosen by the judges later.

I debated whether or not to even post this on my blog. I feel like asking for votes is borderline... I don't know... goofy. I mean, it seems like the absolute WORST photo submitted could win if they have quite a network of friends that are willing to vote for them. I feel if-fy about asking people to vote for my photo knowing that there are better submissions.

SOOOOO... what I'm asking is that you hop on over to the contest & vote. Vote for me if you so desire, but I'd also like to encourage you to take a gander through the rest of the photos. There are some awesome shots there. Vote for your favorite! I'm okay with that! :)

Here's my entry:

It's image number 0099. WHATever photo you decide to vote for, you can vote by clicking on the image & then clicking on vote for this picture. Or something like that.

Truly, though... vote for your fave! :) I'm not opposed to the loyalty votes, though. Haha!

Here's the link to the contest: Capture the Summer Feeling Photo Contest

14 Comments:

Blogger JMHickerson said...

awesome photo! I voted for yours! :-)

October 1, 2008 at 4:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll check it out. It would be hard for me to find a photo I'd rather vote for, I'm sure.

October 1, 2008 at 5:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I checked out a couple, it looks like there are some awesome pictures, I haven't voted yet, but I am sure 0099 will get my vote!

October 1, 2008 at 6:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would vote for you.....if you took more photos like this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:CH_cow_2.jpg

October 1, 2008 at 7:25 PM  
Blogger Jaimie said...

Your photo totally captures summer. That is an awesome photo. I love it! I went and checked out the other photos too and yours got my vote! I hope you win!

October 2, 2008 at 7:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG! This is an amazing photo. I try to capture my girls like this with my camera and never get it right. I think you have a great chance of winning!

October 2, 2008 at 11:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a nice photo! ...definitely has that summery feel!

October 3, 2008 at 12:53 PM  
Blogger Curt Coffey said...

It's like an album cover or something.

October 3, 2008 at 8:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So....I checked the pictures and well, it was between Emma and this really cute dog. You know how much I love animals...
Just kidding, of course Emma got my vote.

October 4, 2008 at 6:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amy this is just BEAUTIFUL!!!

October 5, 2008 at 8:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the word amazing doesn't cut it. your work inspires me.

October 6, 2008 at 4:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amy, my amy sent me the link to the contest and told me I should check it out and vote for amy's photo, and I was looking at all the photos and there were a lot of really great ones, but I didn't know which one was yours, but I decided to just vote for my favorite, and then later I asked amy which one was yours, and it turns out it was the one I voted for. gorgeous photo.

October 6, 2008 at 8:54 PM  
Blogger amber belmonte said...

you are AMAZING!
i totally voted for this!
beautiful!

October 7, 2008 at 12:50 PM  
Blogger summerbl4ck said...

there are some awesome photos over there. it will be hard to compete with the bbq on fire, but this is a good try ;-)

October 9, 2008 at 11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home