Thursday, September 25, 2008

Twin boys

Okay, so, Curt & I went and did something C-R-A-Z-Y last week. We both always said we'd never have another dog (well, pet of any kind) after our yellow lab Roofus. He was an INSANELY smart dog. He knew ALL the tricks. BUT, he was a total freak. He was beyond hyper, he was obsessive compulsive, and he chewed. Everything. As he got older, he didn't settle down. He was NUTS!

Well, Curt would now like to thank Jeremy White for bringing Hank & his dogs out for church a couple weeks ago. Haha! I went to that service (Curt couldn't go with us) and left thinking we needed a dog. Ha! The girls & I teamed up & ambushed him. He couldn't refuse. But, if I'm being honest, it didn't take much convincing at all.

So, I looked around the web & found the perfect dog. (Insert LOOONG dramatic pause.) And his brother. We weren't looking for two, but these guys were SO cute. They had been rescued by a sweet couple that wanted to adopt them out together. I wanted one, so, unfortunately (or not... I haven't decided) we got both. They are half Weimeranar & half Lab.

They have no manners. No, I should really say that they are the most ill-mannered boys around. But, they're smart & learning quickly. They know how to sit now. They also walk on leashes FABULOUSLY, though they were absolute DEAD WEIGHT the first couple times we tried. (They'd never been on a leash. In fact, they didn't even wear collars until us.) I guess they aren't horrid because they don't dig, so that's great.

The couple we rescued them from said they were named Chewy and Shadow by their original owners. The name Chewy should be a dead give away, right? They say it's short for Chewbacca, but I know he was named that for a reason. He IS a chewer. Ay yi yi. We changed the spelling to Chuy, though. You know, like our favorite Mexican restaurant? Ha! And, the rescuers didn't like the name Shadow because they said it was "stupid." He's not gray, so they didn't like it. They changed it to Lukey after Luke Skywalker. Well, I didn't like that, so we changed it to Charley. Curt likes the name Charley A LOT. I'm not sure why. If we'd ever had a son, it would have been a battle over his name. So, his full name is Charley Brown Coffey. :) And, so they have matching initials & because we like to give the dogs full names, Chuy's full name is Chu Bacca Coffey. Haha! (Remember Roofus' full name was Roofus Super Funk Super Pup Coffey? This is better, wouldn't you say?)

So, meet the boys.

Chuy:


Charley:


Charley is standing, Chuy is laying down.
Tell me how cute they are! You know it's true.
Oh, and, by the way, don't judge my photography skills here. They have NO comprehension of the word "stay." (Think: nose to the lens. Ugh.)

20 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, I wasn't getting the twin boys thing, but I should have. They are cute, I'm glad they're yours - not mine!

September 25, 2008 at 3:17 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Adorable - and a big 'whatever' on the photography skills. My comment as I looked at the first pic was, "See, she even shoots dogs well!" (Jer was with me, it wasn't me talking to myself). Gorgeous boys!

September 25, 2008 at 3:26 PM  
Blogger Bonnie said...

OH MY GAWD! I can't believe it! They are soooo cute. You must come to Austin and bring them. Ridiculously cute. And you guys never do anything halfway do you? Let's get a dog. No, let's get a big dog. No let's get TWO big dogs. Tee hee hee. Get some filters for those lenses because they will be licking them soon.

September 25, 2008 at 3:39 PM  
Blogger Eric and Ashley Wilkins said...

I love them!!!! They are precious! I can't tell the difference between the two, though. How fun!

And by the way, I'm going to go ahead and say that you can photograph anything and it looks spectacular. :)

September 25, 2008 at 4:03 PM  
Blogger Jaimie said...

How exciting. The boys are sooo cute. It makes me want a dog again and we just got rid of a really hard one earlier this year. I love them. They are adorable. I agree. You can photograph anything. I love the pics of the two of them.

I went out and bought understanding exposure a week ago and I've been reading like crazy. I would love to get together or talk now... I have so many questions.

September 25, 2008 at 4:06 PM  
Blogger Dogeared said...

They are adorable! I love Weimeraners - such beautiful dogs. If you've seen their coat colour, you'll understand why they call them the ghost dogs. Combine it with a Lab, and you have some unique and adorable dogs!

How are Emma and Maya adapting to their new 'brothers'?

September 25, 2008 at 4:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Amy!

Great job on the pics! Chuy and Charley look adorable! I can see a bit of a devilish streak in them though!! Best of luck!
BTW - love your blog - and your work! :-)

September 25, 2008 at 7:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Charley BROWN Coffey? Seriously??? Thanks for naming one of your pets after me...

September 25, 2008 at 8:40 PM  
Blogger Lorie said...

They are gorgeous! But I do think you are a little crazy.

Cute new photo subjects though!!

September 25, 2008 at 9:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK they are not near as cute as the girls but they are fun:) Let me know when I can really have fun with them.

September 26, 2008 at 6:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They are super cute, I can't wait to meet them!

September 26, 2008 at 7:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I realized last night that you added two new C Coffeys to your family :)

September 26, 2008 at 8:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They are so cute Amy!!! Somedays, my dogs can be terrors but never regretted bringing them home for one single minute. :) Enjoy the chaos!!!
Audrey

September 26, 2008 at 11:45 AM  
Blogger Keva said...

Awwwe, whatever happened to Roofus? I'm definately not showing the boys this post! They want a puppy so bad, but me, not so much. Cute little complete family you got there!

September 26, 2008 at 5:28 PM  
Blogger js said...

They really are beautiful dogs. I love their eyes.

September 27, 2008 at 8:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amy they are SOOOO cute!!!! How old are they?

I have to say I laughed that you got two at once- crazy fun! :)

September 28, 2008 at 12:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Amy. They are so cute. Kru keeps telling me he wishes we had a dog. Maybe he can just come live with you and have one of yours. HA. Love you guys.

September 29, 2008 at 10:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG amy - they are adorable!! :)

thanks for rescuing these two, i know they'll have an amazing home now and forever!!

p.s. i sometimes balance a treat on top of my on-board flash in order to get the dogs to stay focused in my direction. it doesn't always work, but sometimes it's just enough!!

September 29, 2008 at 9:31 PM  
Blogger Donita said...

They look mischevous...I love it! Beautiful shots as always.

September 30, 2008 at 9:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwwwe!! They are cute and you DO even rock the dog shots : )

September 30, 2008 at 9:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home