Tuesday, October 7, 2008

It's that time of year again!

First, let me say thanks for the support, guys! You all are awesome!

Second, it's spirit week at school. Remember last year? Unfortunately, they took out my favorite day this year. No 80's day. :( Bummer.

Anyway, today is crazy hair day. Last year, I fixed about half of Emma's hair before she asked to see it. She looked in the mirror and immediately started crying. She was "embarrassed." She made me take it out. I was irritated, to say the least. I'd spent at least a half an hour on that one stinkin' side.

This year, though, I thought she'd be all for it. I thought she'd be older & more confident. Well, guess what happened this year!?! Yep! I fixed half the head, and she starts crying. I was so irritated again that I just had to leave the room. Not my proudest moment as a mom, but you KNOW there are times when it's best to walk away. So, I did.

I came back a couple minutes later, and we chatted about it. She was embarrassed again. I told her to be a rockstar! Haha! She bought it. Or, maybe she was just distracted enough by me jumping around like a maniac sporting the rock on hand sign. I was just demonstrating how she needed to own it, you know? I mean, if a kid giggles at her hair (which it's crazy hair day - hello!), I told her to tell them, "whatev... I'm a rockstar, and my mom's a rockstar, too" whilst making the rock on hand sign with both hands. You know... owning it?!? At that point, I think she was more embarrassed of my behavior than her hair. Niiiice. Mission accomplished. :)

So, here she is sporting her crazy hair:
Anybody got any ideas for geek sheik day? :)

9 Comments:

Blogger Brandi said...

I love it! Hey I have worn my OWN hair like that. I think it's totally rockstar.

October 7, 2008 at 10:04 AM  
Blogger js said...

That doesn't look easy- good work. It's so hard being a little girl. You're a great mom, way to pump her up. You ARE a rockstar.

October 7, 2008 at 11:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't listen to Jen. You ARE a dork. HA! But I love you anyways. You're so funny cause i can totally see you doing this.
Her hair looks so good. I can't wait for the rest of the week!

October 7, 2008 at 11:31 AM  
Blogger jamie said...

thats awesome! go MOM!!

October 7, 2008 at 11:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute. I want to hear how it went at school.

October 7, 2008 at 12:39 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I have to admit, I was so trying to imagine you jumping around like a rock star that at first I forgot to look at the picture. I love it, by the way, and think that you should wear your hair like that to church Sunday :)

October 7, 2008 at 1:43 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Love it! That is definitely one rockin' hairstyle!

October 7, 2008 at 4:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, Amy you are a dork and a rockstar, I can picture you doing this! (probably because I have actually seen you doing this) ha!
Anyways, Emma looks awesome, how did it go at school.

For geek/sheik (I think that's what it's called) do you have any suspenders? I have an idea for suspenders. What day did they replace 80's day with?

October 7, 2008 at 5:38 PM  
Blogger Amy (3 Peas) said...

Love it!!

Okay I want to know where you got her backpack!!!

October 7, 2008 at 9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home