Wednesday, October 10, 2007

My little nerd-bird...

Well, I forgot that Emma had her 5 year checkup this morning. (Yes, she turned 5 in August, but if you don't schedule the appointment three months in advance, you can't get in. Seriously... I called early July, and TODAY was the EARLIEST they could get us in for a well checkup. Ay yi yi. That's another story, though. But, on the bright side, I got Maya's 4 year checkup scheduled today... for JANUARY 18th!)

Anyway, our pediatrician is an hour away. I know that's a LONG way, but he rocks. We love him, and we trust him, so we keep going back. Soooo because of that, Emma didn't get to school until after lunch today. Bummer. But, she still rocked the "nerd" gear. :-)

Like I said yesterday, I'm not too keen on "nerd" day. But, I thought, why not show a little pride in our nerdiness?!? Nerds unite, right!?! Haha! So, I put together a little ensemble which I think represents nerds in a good light while still being... umm... nerdy. :-)



Yes, that's a sweater vest. Yes, her hair IS in a bun. Yes, her top button is buttoned. And, yes, she is wearing an old pair of MY glasses with the lenses taken out.

PLEASE tell me I don't have to explain the next one. :-)
Tomorrow is twin day. Curt wants to be twins with Emma, and she's all for it. Those will be some interesting pictures. :-)

Change of topic... tonight, Curt & I are off to a Dashboard Confessional concert with his sister Cara. I'm SOOOO excited about it. It's a solo concert, too, and he (Chris Carrabba) just put out a new album that's more acoustic like his old school stuff. I'm so, so, so looking forward to this. We've seen them once before in Austin a few summers back, and it was SUCH a good show! I'm attempting to take my camera. Keep your fingers crossed for me that it goes better than the camera debacle at the Dave Matthews concert. This time, though, the Dashboard site ENCOURAGES you to bring your camera. Let's see if the venue allows it...

12 Comments:

Blogger Mom2Drew said...

If this is what nerd means...sign me up! LOVE those glasses, completes the ensemble.

October 10, 2007 at 2:29 PM  
Blogger Driftwood and Pumpkin said...

Oh my gosh. Too, too, too cute. My kids also have spirit week, but at the elementary level it is later in the year. Only the high school coincides with homecoming! I can't wait to see what we do this year. The hardest one last year was Dress As Your Favorite Character Day. There were tons of Harry Potters! LOL!

October 10, 2007 at 4:16 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

WAY too cute to have the word nerd associated with her. I LOVE it! Lucky her - she'll be just fine if her eyes ever start to go. She looks perfect!

October 10, 2007 at 4:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emma looks like she thoroughly enjoyed this outfit! She looks adorable!

October 10, 2007 at 5:43 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

OMg she is so sassy and cute! I love it! Those glasses that outfit its all perfect for her!

October 11, 2007 at 10:44 AM  
Blogger Tracey Kendall said...

she is that sweetest and cutest nerd l have ever seen...i love this can't wait to see your next post.
PS....your lighting always rocks!

October 11, 2007 at 1:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The last picture is funny! Anyways, the only thing "nerdy" might be the top button is buttoned...oh and maybe the sweater vest, but other than that it's just cute! =)

October 11, 2007 at 4:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Amy, everytime I come to your blog, I'm just so much in ae of your colors, and clarity, I just want to throw te sponge. These pictures and the twin ones are so cute, funny (er...handsome)...Can't wait to see pictures of te concert.

October 12, 2007 at 6:36 AM  
Blogger Amy (3 Peas) said...

TOOOOOO cute- that last one is the BEST!!!!

October 16, 2007 at 3:19 PM  
Blogger Melanie said...

My gosh Amy! These are some of the cutest pictures I've seen in a while. Wow! These pulled me right in and she is just a doll! Adorable!!!

October 16, 2007 at 6:46 PM  
Blogger Capturing the heart and soul of childhood said...

so, so , soooo CUTE!!!!

October 17, 2007 at 3:36 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

oh my! how cute is that??

October 19, 2007 at 10:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home