Thursday, October 11, 2007

I'm SOOO tired today.

In all honesty, I'm forcing myself to blog right now. In other words, don't expect anything too terribly interesting or lengthy. :-)

Yesterday, I got up at 6:30am to get the girls & myself ready to take Emma to her doctor appointment. Sure, that may not sound early to many of you, but I like to sleep... as late as possible. Which, by the way, I meant to mention yesterday that sweet little Emma seems to be getting smaller & smaller. Poor little thing... She's fallen on the chart again in both height & weight. Not too much, though. But, now she's down to the 10th percentile for her height. How does this happen when dad is 6'2"? Oh, yeah, 'cause I'm, like, 4 foot. (I exaggerate.)

Oh, anyway... so, then, last night we had the concert. Which, oh my gosh... BEST. SHOW. EVER. Seriously. First, I was able to take my big ol' honkin' camera inside with no problems. No smuggling, either. They just allowed it. :-) Yay! Second, and this is a BIG, exciting second for me... I worked my way up to the first row. I braved the crowds. No, I was not front & center. I was off to the left, but still front row & super close. And, call me crazy (but I'm pretty sure I'm not,) but I'm about 99% sure that he (Chris Carrabba) spotted my camera & came over a couple times and stared straight into the lens for 20 full seconds each time to let me get pictures. I'm not joking. Laugh. Go ahead, but I have the proof. In addition to coming over to my side of the stage and looking into the lens, he looked into the lens from center stage a couple times, too. I'm telling you... I'll share more on that maybe tomorrow. I'm still working on some of those pictures. Personally, I think I got some decent pictures, but nothing stellar. I mean, I don't know... the lighting was pretty unexciting. I don't mean bad, I just mean boring. I think the lighting is a good part of what sets the mood for concert photos... oh well. We didn't get home until 1:30 a.m. adding to my exhaustion. That means I was awake for 19-20 hours straight. Way too long.

Anyway, so, on to twin day. Curt & Emma were twins. That was fun... or not so much. I didn't plan anything out the day before, so after getting next to NO sleep (if I can't get, like, 10 hours, it might as well be considered NO sleep... HA!) I had to get up & try to find matching outfits for my husband and 5 year old daughter. Best I could come up with was jeans, brown tees, and converse-type (I'm cheap) shoes. But, there was one fun little piece... they both wore rocked out brown striped socks. So cute. Err... I mean handsome. Whatev.

And, well, as you can imagine, I was running super late this morning (I didn't want to get out of bed.) So, I snapped a couple shots & off we went. I kinda wish I'd taken more. I think they both look pretty cute in that picture, and, well... I kinda wish they weren't hiking up their pant legs.

Tomorrow is spirit day or something along those lines. They're supposed to dress up in school colors, etc. I don't think I'll be sharing any pictures of that for a couple reasons. One, there's nothing too terribly exciting about that. Two, I'd have to blur out her t-shirt anyway so as not to plaster the name of her school on the internet. Know what I mean? Not that I think any of my readers are whacked, but you just never know who might stumble upon this blog. Yes, I realize it would be INSANELY easy to figure it all out, but I'm just not gonna make it any easier... So, that's it for spirit week. Fun stuff.

You can expect pictures from the Dashboard show, though. Hopefully tomorrow. :-)

I'm off to fall asleep on the couch watching an old episode of Felicity. (That show gets really crappy by the 2nd season, by the way. But, I committed. What can you do?)

11 Comments:

Blogger Kristina Young said...

I thought I should tell you that I am a new blog stalker. And in addition to the catchlights you always get, I also love that you love sleep as much as I do.

October 11, 2007 at 10:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great picture of Curt and Emma. Emma looks SO happy.
I'm glad you enjoyed this concert more than the last one!!! Look forward to seeing some photos.

October 11, 2007 at 10:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heh...I have those socks.

October 12, 2007 at 12:10 AM  
Blogger Monique said...

geez Amy! tired and all and still great pictures (with your standard vibrant colors!)

October 12, 2007 at 1:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Amy tell Curt I am ready for some frisbie in the park. We better prepare Emma for the squirrels though. Give the girls a BIIIIG hug from Pa!
Love you guys

October 12, 2007 at 3:53 AM  
Blogger Patriot said...

Cute socks!

Hi! Just wanted to let you know about a free giveaway I'm hosting at my site. It's for all natural bath and body products made in Texas. Come check it out!

I'm hosting more giveaways every week - so keep checking!

Thanks!

October 12, 2007 at 3:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brianna has those socks! What a fun week for you! Get some rest : )

October 12, 2007 at 9:29 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Oh how adorable! Such cute "twins" :)

October 14, 2007 at 9:43 PM  
Blogger Joanne Fowler said...

I love the life moements you capture of your family! These are so fun!

How do you get such great color every time? Any tips on how I can practice this?

P.S. I am a sleep lover too!

October 14, 2007 at 11:48 PM  
Blogger Amy (3 Peas) said...

LOVE the last one :D

October 16, 2007 at 3:19 PM  
Blogger Capturing the heart and soul of childhood said...

OK, they are seriously the cutest! What a great set of images!!

October 17, 2007 at 3:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home