Thursday, November 20, 2008

Family Photos

So, I know I've been away way too long. Though I don't seem to be overly busy right now, I just can't get myself to do much of anything. I'm not physically busy, but my mind is crazy busy, and I'm just emotionally exhausted for lots of reasons. I don't have a whole lot of sunshine to spread around today, but I DO have pictures I want to share... so, here I am!

My sister & I are heading out to California on Monday to spend the week visiting our Nana. She is ill, and it's... well... one of those things. We're also going to be seeing a lot of that side of the family for the first time in years & years. LOTS of years... some of them we haven't seen since the 80's. While there is a certain necessity & urgency for the visit, I have to say that I'm excited (and maybe a tad nervous) to see everyone! I'll be seeing my brother Miles for the fist time since I was a child. SO excited about that!

Anyway, Heather (my sister) wanted to make a little album for my Nana with pictures of our families. That, of course, is where I come in. With so many little ones running around between the two of us, family pictures become outdated quite quickly. And, hey, it's always fun to have a new family photo, right? (I didn't say it was fun to MAKE a new family photo... now, that's a NIGHTmare, and we ALL know it!)

Our family photo day turned into a really fun extended family photo day. Not only did we do family shots for my family & Heather's family, we also did my cousin Jesse's senior pictures, my cousin Alison's family picture, shots of my parents, shots of my aunt & uncle, shots of Heather & I together, my mom & Rob (my aunt) together... all sorts of things! It was fun! But, I ended up with HUNDREDS upon HUNDREDS of shots, as you can imagine.

I'll just be sharing pictures of Heather's family & one of my family today. I'll share the others of the extended family when they let me know which ones to process. (wink, wink!)

Heather's family
The always beautiful Summer:
Stud muffin Ryan:
The boys were SO super cute & cooperative.  The Red-Headed Bandit:

Sweet Ky:

And, here's a quick one of my family.  I don't love the posing looking back on it, but, hey... what can you do.  :)  Heather snapped this, and I think she did well.  Who knows what we were laughing at...
Heather & I.  I really like this one, aside from the glasses glare that looks like bright turquoise eyeshadow.  Ha!
And, one last one of my parents.  :)  Aren't they cute!?!

8 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

I love the last two because you can see that Heather looks just like your mom and you look just like your dad!

November 20, 2008 at 10:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know what you were laughing at - the birdie that was flying above the camera :)
You did a great job as always! Love the ones of Camden and Kyden especially.
Thanks for taking the time to take the photos and to PROCESS them.

November 20, 2008 at 10:33 AM  
Blogger Jaimie said...

Great photos. I love your family pic. I also really love the ones of Kyden. It's fun to see a new post.

November 20, 2008 at 10:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great pics, especially the 1st family!!! hehe - Jimmy

November 20, 2008 at 11:06 AM  
Blogger Brandi said...

Beautiful family photos Amy!!

November 20, 2008 at 3:32 PM  
Blogger js said...

Wow, I think Summer looks like you. Love the setting too- where did you shoot those, it's beautiful. I'll be praying for you my friend. So cool you get to see your bro.

November 20, 2008 at 10:25 PM  
Blogger js said...

BTW- I think colored eyeliner is back in! Your family will think you look just like you did in the 80's. Always a silver lining. :)

November 20, 2008 at 10:26 PM  
Blogger Itworksforbobbi said...

Wow - I must be terrible at posing because I loved the posing in your family shot. Oh well, LOL! I love your photos, as always - so beautiful and rich. They are fantastic!

November 25, 2008 at 7:21 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home