Friday, October 31, 2008

HWIC - Head Witch In Charge

Oh, yeah, baby! Head Witch In Charge! Bwahaha! For those of you that know what I'm talking about, you KNOW it's funny! Don't deny. It's bad, yes, but funny! Flava Flaaaav!

Anyway, happy Halloween, everyone! I've got to say, I just love Halloween more & more the older I get. It's a big ol' pain, but it's good times. In fact, this year, I decided that I'm dressing up myself next year! I only decided that this afternoon, so it was kinda late to make it work today, but I'm already brainstorming what we might do in '09! :)

Well, I went back to fashioning the girls costumes myself. Yes, I bought them last year. Yes, it was OH so stinkin' easy (no pun intended), and they were absolutely adorable. But, you know how after you have your first child, you somehow forget how horrible childbirth is? And, then you decide to have another? And, then, when you're in labor, you suddenly remember? Yeah, I think that's how making Halloween costumes is for me. I forgot how much of a headache it is until I'd dropped some serious cash & gotten about half way in. Then I remembered.

Oh well.

So, the girls were little witches this year. Although, we don't do the whole scary, gnarly, nasty thing, so they were more like punk rock witches. Fun times. Unfortunately, I was working my little fingers to the bones today trying to get these things finished up. That's what happens when you change the game plan after you've already COMPLETED the costumes. So, time to leave crept up on me. I had NO time to get pictures, so I hauled the girls out in the garage & made it work.

Maya:

Emma:


So, yeah, we had a witchin' Halloween! (Yes. I did just type that.)

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute, cute, cute! What was the original plan?

October 31, 2008 at 11:02 PM  
Blogger Jaimie said...

Happy Halloween. Great job on the costumes. They are adorable. I bet your girls loved them. Hope they got lots of candy.

October 31, 2008 at 11:27 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Amy, the costumes turned out great and the girls looked adorable. I got out the sewing machine this year and made witch costumes for my girls too...and I second that feeling of 'what was I thinking???' half way through the process :) Happy Halloween. --Dawn

November 1, 2008 at 8:33 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

cute, cute, cute!

November 1, 2008 at 12:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amy you are so creative. The costumes were adorable and a hit at the Trunk or Treat. The girls were absolutely adorable as usual.
Carla

November 1, 2008 at 5:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds fun! Tell the girls pa said they both look laike they had fun. I bet Maya wants to sport the dress thing for weeks to come?

November 1, 2008 at 7:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HWIC is right. Those costumes were awesome!!! Flava Flaaav!!!-Jimmy

November 3, 2008 at 7:38 AM  
Blogger Jessie said...

I was missing seeing posts from you but these cute little witches were well worth the wait. You did a GREAT job!

November 3, 2008 at 2:54 PM  
Blogger js said...

Those are darling. You are so stinking creative. Hey we still want to do dinner. Email me when you get a moment.

November 3, 2008 at 10:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so not a witch person esp. for kids..but these ROCK! Well done Amy, well done!

November 6, 2008 at 10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home