Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Happy Birthday to CRAIG!!!

Well, I want to start off by wishing Craig a big ol' Happy Birthday! I wish we could be there with you so that we could harass you about your old age in person, but I guess we've always got next year, right!?!

Anyway, the girls have a couple little "somethings" for you. And, just so you know, I didn't wipe their faces before sending these smoochies your way, so they are nice and slobbery/snotty smoochies! Haha! I knew you'd love that!!!


The girls had THE BEST time doing this for you! They were giggly the whole time! Although, they didn't quite "get" how we were going to give this to you. Emma kept asking me, "but, Mommy, how are we gonna put it IN his hand?" Anyway, we love you & miss you much! Oh, and also, the girls told me to tell you that Simon says to have a crazy fun happy birthday! (That and to act like a monkey...ha!)

Okay, so, on to the rest of the afternoon. It's really amazing what a difference a little green can make. We spent the evening in the front yard, and as the leaves start to grow in & the grass starts to turn green again, it's just CRAZY how different I'm seeing my own yard! As the girls were running around the yard tonight, Emma just happened to stop in just the right place to have the greenery framing her perfectly. And, I happened to be in just the right spot to notice! I've never noticed this before. So, I snapped a quick picture, but she was just as quickly on her way. This photo isn't the greatest, but I wanted to share my excitement about my new little spot in the front yard. I'm planning on setting up some shots there soon...

Here are a couple more of Emma. The girls just LOVE to walk along that curb. (Watch for a picture of Maya doing the same thing later in the post.) And, the second one...well, I don't just love it, though I like the idea of it. This is another split second Emma decided to stop somewhere. I had to move quick to get the picture, and I had been shooting at 1.8, so I didn't have time to change my aperture. I think there is a tad too shallow depth of field there in the foreground. (Wait. Did I just say that!?! Am I complaining of too much depth of field!?! Ha!) But, yeah, this time I think it's too much.


And, on to crazy-busy, never-sits-still Maya... She's just nearly impossible to catch when we're outside. So, yes, I cut her foot off, but I'm thinking I'm pretty darn lucky to have gotten the picture at all! :-) I just loved her silly expression when she looked up, and I just happened to catch it!



21 Comments:

Blogger cristina said...

Your girls are GEORGOUS! Are they twins? Mine are only 1yr apart (my last 2) and everyone always asks if they're twins...
Your shots are pretty cool, love how the green truly stands out and the angles you chose to shoot these. Very nice compositions indeed! Great job!

March 21, 2007 at 12:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I felt the wet kisses:) I must say and often do we have the most beautiful grandchildren in the world! Just think my next b-day I will be 27 you can really give me a hard time for being old, and I should be there with you:)
Love Pa

March 21, 2007 at 12:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amy, you do a great job of keeping your girls connected to us even though we literally live half way around the world! And I love the outdoor shots too. The one of Emma framed by the trees is beautiful and I LOVE the look on Maya's face in the one where she's holding the rock. Mom

March 21, 2007 at 12:29 AM  
Blogger Rheagan Leatherwood said...

That is a really cool shot you found in the back yard. I love the way it frames. I love it when I find something new in things I seen a hundred times. It just proves that we are always learning and growing. These are really good pics.

March 21, 2007 at 12:35 AM  
Blogger Amy (3 Peas) said...

AMy your photos are GORGEOUS!!! FAbulous composition and color.

March 21, 2007 at 2:25 AM  
Blogger Lulu said...

Are they twins? if not, they look sooo alike Amy! =)
That storyboard is so cute, looks like they had fun. And my, you are the master of wide open apertures...you really are! I love the one with the trees framing her...beautiful! Your work reminds me a little of Audrey's. :)

See you soon! TFS! =) ~ Lulu

March 21, 2007 at 3:43 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

omg! for running around the yard and "just barely" capturing them these are seriously awesome! your lighting is great! and the expressions on their faces! you should get a framer on retainer! LOL!

my girls are only 1 year and 10 days apart and i remember getting asked all the time if they were twins!

March 21, 2007 at 6:23 AM  
Blogger jen said...

These are great! I always enjoy looking at your work!! That spot in your front yard framed by green is a wonderful, wonderful find!!! Yeah for you!

March 21, 2007 at 6:25 AM  
Blogger amazing grace said...

Love THE CUTE birthday strip---that's so funny and adorable.

March 21, 2007 at 7:31 AM  
Blogger amazing grace said...

Love THE CUTE birthday strip---that's so funny and adorable.

March 21, 2007 at 7:32 AM  
Blogger Dar Kaso said...

These shots are just so adorable, your girls are beautiful. The one of her eating the muffin? put a smile on my face, so cute.

March 21, 2007 at 8:15 AM  
Blogger david said...

First off, happy birthday, Craig! Come back soon and we'll play some Trivial Pursuit again.

Hey Amy, isn't there a fourth person living in that house with you and the girls? How about some shots of that guy?

March 21, 2007 at 8:19 AM  
Blogger Lorrie said...

sweet shots! Love the first set of them giving kisses! So adorable. I love the dof in the other shots. I really need to get outside and get some more shots of my dd like that!

March 21, 2007 at 9:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your style, very crisp and fresh. The colors are perfect, your angles are awesome, your composition is great, these are just perfect. I hope to be as good someday!

March 21, 2007 at 9:50 AM  
Blogger Mom2Drew said...

Truly some remarkable color here! I really really like the sentiments on your little storyboard...too cute!

March 21, 2007 at 10:18 AM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Absolutely awesome shots. No CC here. I love them all.

March 21, 2007 at 10:27 AM  
Blogger Ellen said...

I love all of these! Awesome. I think the one where they're walking on the ledge thing is my favourite, but they're all beautiful. I love how they're just out having fun but you always manage to get great shots. :)

March 21, 2007 at 5:03 PM  
Blogger Lauren Hartman said...

Amy, these are fantastic, as usual. I haven't been here for a few days, you're really just amazing. Your colors are just fantastic on the bedroom shots, and these outdoors ones. You're so clever with the birthday wishes too!

March 21, 2007 at 5:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the story board looks like a lot of fun:)I wish things were green here- our grass looks like straw.

March 21, 2007 at 6:33 PM  
Blogger Amy Covey said...

What a fun way to send birthday wishes! I love your new "spot" you discovered - love the framing it provides! The one of them walking on the ledge is definitely my favorite though - too cute!!

March 21, 2007 at 7:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The ones with the picture of Craig are too cute! You can see they loved doing that.

March 21, 2007 at 10:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home